This forum is in the beta phase.

KingCharles3

Valuable Blocks turned to Obsidian

[I haven't posted on these forums since last decade!]

My friends and I spent some time away from the server over winter break, and when we came back, a number of our blocks had been turned into obsidian. I understand why this was done (most of said blocks were keeping chunks loaded, such as quarries), but we would like those blocks returned now that we are back. Would somebody help us in this regard?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome back 🙂

could you tell me what blocks were present before they were turned into obsidian?

Hey, sorry about the double-post, it was unintentional.

I'm not exactly sure which blocks were turned into obsidian. At minimum, I've seen two or three quarry blocks and a handful of spot loaders turned to obsidian. There's probably more, could you check any records and/or audit logs you have? It's been long enough that I don't remember where all the chunk-loading blocks we had were.

Thanks.

The server doesn’t have a block audit because it would flood the server. We have frequent backups of the world but I would have to look into one of those worlds and see what blocks were present. I cannot guarantee you that you will receive all your blocks that way, there is a certain amount of time between each backup.

Thanks for the information. I would appreciate it if you would look through the backup in some spare time, but I'm fairly sure that the three-or-so quarry blocks around our base were our primary losses to being turned to obsidian.

Thanks.